Nutrition in older athletes can help protect the joints from age-related degeneration. Aging causes the joints to become less flexible and lose a great range of motion. These limitations can compromise physical abilities/stamina. Here are some important nutrients for older athletes:
- Vitamin C for collagen formation
- Omega-3 oils (from nuts, seeds, oily fish and wheat germ) for anti-inflammatory effects.
- Sulphur-containing amino acids (from some vegetables, meat, poultry, fish and dairy products) for joint cartilage health.
- Bioflavinoids (from all fruit and vegetables, and buckwheat) for anti-inflammatory effects and improved local circulation.
- Antioxidants (selenium and vitamin E) for protection against the damaging free radicals that proliferate in the body with age.
- Some supplements may also be helpful, but check with your doctor before trying any.
Photography By Oamediagroup
Photography By Anthony Ragland
Krave Fit Magazine featuring Anthony Dorsett Jr. and Alonzo Wilson III.
On Sale NOW!!!