Although he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes eight years ago, Anthony Anderson only made the decision to switch to a healthier life a year ago. Thanks to his better eating choices and a lifestyle that includes exercise, he has managed to lose 40 pounds.
The former Law and Order actor has now made a habit out of eating healthy food and exercising on a regular basis. Last year he decided to start taking more care of his body, after he realized that his condition might be getting worse if he doesn’t make an immediate lifestyle change.
“I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about eight years ago, but it wasn’t until early 2009 that I experienced a wake-up call and really made lifestyle changes, like losing over 40 pounds to actively manage my diabetes,” he confessed.
His family also embarked on a healthier diet and they are all careful about what they eat. Anderson’s diet now includes brown rice, baked chicken and collard greens cooked with turkey.
The actor even shared some diet tips on how to live a healthier life, while still enjoying meals.
Anthony Anderson’s Healthy Diet Tips
- Skim the fat from meat juices before making gravy or sauces.
- Reduce the amount of sugar you add to your sweet potatoes and squash.
- Help your guests eat healthier and manage their portion sizes. Try reducing the number of food choices offered. You don’t have to have such a big selection of food!
- Use smaller plates.
- Cut desserts into smaller pieces.
- After that Thanksgiving meal, think about taking a long walk. It may be the perfect post-dessert activity!