Condoms must be used carefully, consistently and diligently. They are most effective when used correctly. While engaging in sex always use latex condoms as the polyurethane and lambskin condoms are not an effective way to protect yourself against STDs.
1. Always wash hands before putting up a condom.
2. Never re-use a condom. Change condom every time you have sex.
3. Always change condoms each time you have sex.
4. Don’t use the male and female condoms together.
5. Avoid using oil based lubricants as they can weaken the condom and break it. Choose only water-based lubricants with condoms.
6. Don’t use old condoms, make it a habit of checking the expiry date before use.
7. Woman must refrain from wearing lipstick when performing oral sex while using a condom.
8. If you are having sex frequently then use of N-9 (nonoxynol-9) based lubricants may increase your risk of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. The best way is to use lubricants that do not contain N-9.
9. For a better sex try putting a small drop of water-based lubricant like KY jelly or Astroglide, inside the tip of the condom. However, it should be a very small drop.